This is a self supported bicycle adventure and you prepare for yourself. You don’t get any support from the organizer in your preparation, in logistics, and during the race. The organizer is responsible for this website and the tracking only.
Transbike Adventures will offer a podcast with Q&A for registered riders in March and a training camp in Switzerland and France (not included in the registration fee) open for everyone in May.
The Alaska-Divide brings you to one of the most remote routes you can still go on this planet. The 480 miles (770km) long Dalton Highway, the last stretch from Anchorage to Deadhorse is also known as “the most dangerous highway in North America”. It’s not related to traffic that is almost not existent. On this stretch from Fairbanks to Deadhorse you find only 2 places with rooms you can stay inside. Be aware, on many long stretches is no mobile connection and you are not able to call for help. You will see cars and trucks on the route, but not as many as you may expect. It may happen you will see wild animals like Karibu, moose, brown bears (grizzly), or black bears. Also, wolves and foxes are part of Alaska’s wildlife. Prepare yourself and get the necessary knowledge till the start of this awesome adventure.
In the 1st edition 2022, every rider had his own strategy. Some stayed outside every night, some stayed in a room a few times.
The Dalton Highway became meanwhile quite popular among cyclists. About 30 riders have been counted last summer till the middle of August.
What you get
- GPX files for the 1000 mile route.
- Live tracking service.
- To be part of this ultimate bikepacking adventure.
- A lot of fresh air and spectacular nature.
We will offer Alaska-Divide goodies soon for order:
- Alaska-Divide cap with your start number printed by hand.
- Alaska-Divide T-Shirt.
- Alaska-Divide 2023 stickers for your bike.
- Alaska-Divide bikepacker cup
- Registration: USD 150.-
- Pair rider: both have to register
- Cancelation policy: if we can not start the race, you will get 100% refund including start fee and tracker rental. If, for any personal other reason you are not able to travel – no refund.
- June 30th 2022 latest: registration closes
- August 12th 2023, 04:00 pm: riders briefing and registration in Anchorage
- August 13th 2023, sunrise: start in Anchorage